Sunday, August 8, 2021

Where Stars Land


I can’t sleep, so let’s just write un-paedah things to pass the night, or morning (actually)…


So, I just finished watching another KDrama… Where Stars Land.


It’s about Incheon International Airports, overall the story is nice, it gives away some details about the airports day to day activities.

It’s a huge airport so many things can happen.


I’m not really going to talk about the story… these are just my random take aways from the drama, which are mostly don’t make sense.

If you want to know the details better watch it your self… hahah!


And these will be huge SPOILERS…


First, I’m going to talk about the time line…

At the last episode, or maybe the last two ones… Mr. Jang said that it just about around a year that Soo-yeon has been using the supportive device, but I guess a year here kind of a stretch… because the first time Yeo-reum met Soo-yeon (that Yeo-reum remembered it’s the day when she’s been interviewed for the job at the airports) and it’s around spring, and the last episodes were already winter.


So my take on the time line would be like this:

12 years before, the two brothers eat at Yeo-reum’s noodles restaurant, then the accident happened.

A couple of months later (I guess), Yeo-reum’s father saved Soo-yeon by preventing him to suicide.

Then Soo-yeon became regulars to Yeo-reum’s father noodles restaurant.

Being in the same town, it’s so weird that Yeo-reum has not yet to come to his father’s restaurant until years later after he even doesn’t tend the store anymore (having assumption that Yeo-reum’s father and mother already divorced 12 years ago).


So… after 11 years, Yeo-reum’s father (BTW the name is Han Jae-young) introduced Soo-yeon to Yeo-reum by her photograph on the handphone (later Soo-yeon said that he had fallen in love with her from that moment, although when it happened he seemed to be indifferent). And he also introduced him to Mr. Jang, who a professor and build him the supportive devices.


The time line here really doesn’t make sense, the way the device seemed so complicated and Soo-yeon must be gone through a couple of operations to have the internal device placement.

But it seemed nothing really raised any problem before so that just around that time then he saved Yeo-reum from the accident (flying vehicle).


I think maybe before Yeo-reum went to interview she visited the noodle restaurant and actually met Soo-yeon (according to Soo-yeon's memory when he first actually met her in person), because Yeo-reum's clothes is similar with the one she worn to the interview. But at the time, her fathers not there anymore, it looked like her first time to visit the restaurant, that's why I thought is also weird.


Yeo-reum get to work at the airport and a couple of moths later, Soo-yeon can also get to work at the airport.


Then here comes, Team Leader Yang.

I don’t know exactly the relationship of Team Leader Yang and Mr. Jang, also with Soo-yeon, but it is her that sponsored Soo-yeon to work at the airport.


Btw, I’m not going to talk about money here yaa… eventhough I’m also wordering who has sponsored the device.

Actually, it will also raised a question why Mr. Jang was not being professor again, and why the device can be solely be used by Soo-yeon (if the device is so great, is it illegal or something? or it allien’s technology or something?)


Let’s talk about the affairs in the airport now.

It’s obvious that Team Leader Yang and Mr. Choi were married but separated, and it seemed that has to do with Seo In-woo (Soo-yeon’s brother), but never really explained why.

Team Leader Yang said that she would really signed the divorce papers if Mr. Choi does something harmful to her subordinates again. Previously, it also impressed that the one who’s being unfaithful is Team Leader Yang, but why it seems that Mr. Choi is the one who still kind of in love Team Leader Yang, while Team Leader Yang is indifferent?


Back again to Soo-yeon, his body seemed to be too muscular for just using the device about a year and he also has said that he learned a lot of martial arts, so he can fight so well.


That I also don’t understand, while the device actually to support his body so that he can stand or move his hand, why does it gives him power so much, where the power came from?


While his right hand and leg in unfunctioned, I wonder whether he actually can stand by leaning on his left body? Well, I don’t have knowledge for this… I’m just wondering…


I understand that he said he can’t feel on his right side of the body, but I guess he still can feel on this left side right?

But then when the infection was happening, why does he seem not feeling anything? Even though he obviously had a fever?


At the beginning of the story, he seemed to be so much in love with Yeo-reum, but then at near ending why he doesn’t want to live and just left her behind to die?

And then after Yeo-reum disactivated the device, he’s gone a year without any news?

Too cruel, right? And out of character for him to do that since he seemed to be a really good person and all.


At one of the review, I read that one said for better ending, it’s better to have Soo-yeon came back in wheel chair than being back to be ‘normal’ and even make a scene of having a fight with a drunk Russian man and break some heavy metal (again).


And I hate that they decided not showing his face… what was that all about?


Other things… at the end, Team Leader Yang became director, Manager Gong became Team Leader, there’s even new manager, but no Mr. Choi (because he seems went back to HQ of I don't know what).

Seo In-woo and the Director Kwon maybe resigned).


But why the relationship between Security Oh Dae-gi and Na Young-joo being stagnant and just like their revelation only yesterday, instead of a year passed by? 


And also about Seo In-woo problem's with the gangsters, it's been talked about a secret in the hard disk, that Soo-yeon actually knew too... but never really revealed until the end.


One more thing, the chemistry between Yeo-reum and Soo-yeon actually nice, but somehow Soo-yeon is kind of uncomfortable with other people, he is so honest to Yeo-reum while also can be so secretive. I love Yeo-reum acting is so natural, not being too perfect or too nice. And also on her relationship with Eun-sop, she knew how to draw the line nicely about being just friends. They also will be nice together, even nicer I guess.


So... I'm going to leave it here... maybe, because everything seems to be hanging all the way, maybe there will be another season... maybe...


A little poetry to close the post...




No comments: