Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Work Harder

Two days ago I had a Korean test, at the second part of the test, I got panic attack. I almost freeze and couldn’t read the hanguel words at all. The panic because my boss was whatapps me and I wanted to reply but also worried that I didn’t have much time left.

I was panic between replying the message and wondering how much time that I still have. Thankfully, I saw that the organizer actually had a timer running and there’s still a plenty of time. I slowly read the questions again and also managed to reply the message.

But then third part of the exam was a nightmare, it’s a writing test and I had no idea what to write.

I guess, until recently, I have took my life for granted. I chose the easiest way to get by. Graduated from the university and got a job, I guess I never really worked hard for them. Because I knew that I’m not an average person, not that great, but I’m better than most people (I guess). 

All of these thoughts made me a snob… and then I moved to a new department that made me should completely learn new things. I was surely could do better too.

Then I took Spanish classes, a couple of them, well maybe event hough I couldn’t really speak fluently, even that I was still better than a few of the classmates. 

Then I took this Korean class, then… jengjeng… I couldn’t write anything… and just before this, in a speaking test, I didn’t know the name of the day.

So, I guess I have became average or less than average.

Maybe it’s the age, I’m not young any longer, I need to do harder.

And I shouldn’t take things for granted anymore…

No comments: