A couple of days ago, I just finished reading The Midnight Library, a novel by Matt Haig…
Maybe this will be a spoiler, but I want to talk about the book and if you want to read it yourself, you might want to skip reading this post…
I guess, the story is quite simple, you might guess the ending right from the start… for me the beauty of the story is how it leads us to think… a lot about our own life…
I don’t remember if I have shared this here or not, but I have came to a conclusion that it will be the same (the drama, the feeling of unsatisfaction, etc) eventhough we moved to another company and start a new job… that’s why I decided to just quit and pursue another kind of carreer by learning how to code… but anyway, that’s not happening in the near future.
Well, the book is telling the same message but on different subject, which is life…
We, or maybe me… always got a message that I can change my life or create a new life according to my wish… but haven’t had the right way to do it…
But after reading the book, I guess… we will have the same ups and downs even though we have a ‘different’ kind of life… that maybe it’s not the life that we want to change… but our perceptions of life that need to be changed.
I’m thinking… there are so many things that we can be thankful with our current life… let’s talk about my life…
The first thing, I need to be thankful is having a kind and loving husband… yang mostly is not as annoying as other people I know (or might know ~ well, from social media for example, we kind of know them, right?).
Second actually is my job… even though I still don’t like it that much… well, it's paid enough… and I can buy many things with the money… hahah!
Yeah! Surprise… surprise, I’ve never thought that I will come to this point (of grateful for my job)...
But 2020 is kind of bizarre year for all of us.
The year when people are dying, not only because of Covid-19 but also because of so many other things…
Well maybe, because of Covid-19 that we now highlighted other things that happen to people around us…
And we now felt death is closer to us than ever…
That’s also made me think, that as life is so fragile… we really do have to make the most of it.
That’s why we should do things that we want to do, read books that we want to read… maybe learn new things as much as we can…
Celebrate life as much as we can…
No comments:
Post a Comment